SSI Advanced Adventurer Course
Duration: 2 Days
The 2 day SSI Advanced Adventurer course can be started right after your Open Water Diver course. This is a practical course and is about advancing your dive skills and confidence, exposing you to different diving conditions by doing 5 Adventure Dives. Two of these Adventure dives are compulsory: Underwater Navigation dive, and the Deep Dive, (which now increases your maximum allowed depth from 18 meters to 30 meters, allowing you access to a wider variety of dive sites.) The remaining Adventure dives can be any of the following:
- Navigation Dive
- Deep Dive
- Diver Stress and Rescue
- Underwater Naturalist Dive
- Waves, TIdes and Currents
- Perfect Buoyancy Dive
- Fish Identification
- Wreck Dive
- Recreational Side Mount
- Boat Dive
- Night and Limited Vis Dive
SSI Advanced Adventurer Divers are qualified to:
- Dive without direct supervision of an SSI Professional up to a recommended maximum depth of 30 meters.
- Rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities .
- Continue further dive training by finishing the SSI specialty dive courses.
To sign up for an SSI Advanced Adventurer Diver course, you must be at least 12 years old. You need good swimming skills and need to be in good physical health.
The SSI Advanced Adventurer Diver course consists of two phases:
- Knowledge Development ( independent study or in a classroom) There are theory sections for each Adventure dive that you choose, which need to be completed. Knowledge reviews at the end of each chapter have to be filled out and discussed with you instructor before the dive.
- Adventure Dives: To improve your skills and learn new ones – you do five dives in the sea to complete the Advanced Adventurer Diver course.
This course schedule is flexible and could be planned with either three dives on the first day and two on the second or vice versa.
Day 1: Theory ( Adventure Dives 1, 2 and 3 )
8:30 to 10:00 am: Course registration and completing the theory for the first three selected dives of the Advanced Adventurer course, followed by some knowledge review quizzes.
10:00 to 4:00 pm: We head out by boat to the dives site and get underwater for your first three adventure dives. Return, debrief and log your dives.
Day 2: Theory ( Adventure Dives 4, 5 )
8:30 to 9:30 am: Completing the theory for the last two dives of the Advanced Adventurer course, followed by a knowledge review session. There are no exams, yay!
9:30 to 3:00 pm: Adventure Dives 4 and 5, Return, debrief, log the dives, and complete your certification process. Congratulations! You are now an SSI Advanced Adventurer Diver.